If the multiple reports across the media are to be believed, Tottenham Hotspur are set for a very busy weekend.
- Andre Villas-Boas is expected to be named as Harry Redknapp's replacement imminently.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has agreed personal terms with the club and will seal a deal within the next 48 hours.
- Luka Modric will be allowed to leave for a club outside of the EPL with Real Madrid the favourites.
- Jan Vertonghen's move from Ajax is back on according to Frank de Boer and will be completed shortly.
- As a result, William Gallas will be moving to West Ham.
- Emmanuel Adebayor is close to turning his loan move permanent after agreeing to reduce his wage demands.
I'd be really happy with the majority of the above. I like the idea of AVB having something to prove, Bale has signed a new deal, Siggy would be a great addition and Vertonghen is a terrific player. I'll be sad to see Modric leave but it seems inevitable now and £30m seems like a lot, while Gallas to West Ham makes sense. As for K2 taking a pay cut? I'll believe that when I see it.
Let's see how much of this actually happens, shall we? But I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on any of the above, particularly the potential appointment of AVB.