Hope the readers who have to rise early to meet the normal kickoff enjoyed the extra hours in bed. Some of you will still have a heavy head so may need a few statistics to help you make your final decisions this week.
- Arsenal have not beaten Utd in their last six Premier League games and have beaten them once in 14 in all competitions.
- Alexis Sanchez has a scored 12 in the last 14 games for his club.
- Man Utd have won none of their away games this season with draws at West Bromwich Albion 2-2, Sunderland 1-1 and 0-0 at Burnley. Defeats have come at Manchester City 1-0 and 5-3 at Leicester City.
- Wayne Rooney needs one goal to have scored more Premier League goals against Arsenal than any other player.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in 8 against QPR and on a 4 game win streak.
- QPR have lost all 5 of their away games this season.
- Ayoze Perez has 3 goals in 3 games.
- Charlie Austin has 4 goals in 3 games.
Chelsea v West Brom
- Chelsea have won 9 of the last 10 against WBA at Stamford Bridge.
- Chelsea have kept 10 clean sheet in their last 13 home games.
- Chelsea have scored at least two goals in every home game this season.
- WBA have won just 1 of the last 5 league games.
- Saido Berahino has scored 7 league goals, more than the test of the team combined.
Everton v West Ham
- This is West Hams bogey fixture. They have won only one in the last 17 visits to Goodison and haven't beaten them in 13 games home or away.
- Everton have lost just 1 of their last 9 in all competitions.
Leicester City v Sunderland
- The foxes have 5 defeats in 6.
- Sunderland have won 4 of the last 5 meetings.
- Leicester have failed to score in 5 of the last 6.
- Sunderland have won only 2 of their last 12 Premier League games.
Man City v Swansea
- City have won 11 of 13 against Swansea at home.
- Kun Aguero is the league's top goal scorer and has 9 goals in the last six games.
Stoke City v Burnley
- Burnley have only scored in one of their 5 away games and conceded 10 goals in those games.
- Stoke are unbeaten in 3 home games.
- Liverpool have only kept two clean sheets in all competitions.
- Palace have lost 4 and drawn 1 of the last 5 games but are unbeaten in their last 5 against Liverpool in all competitions.
- Palace have only failed to score 3 times this season.
Hull City v Tottenham
- Hull have won one of their last ten Premier League Games.
- Spurs have scored in their last 11 games.
- Villa have scored 1 goal in their last 7 games and 5 in 11 games
- The Saints have won 8 of their last 9 league games, wow.
- The Saints have four clean sheets in a row, wow again.
So there are a few little pieces of info that stand out. On paper Chelsea and Southampton are you best clean sheet and win chances. Kun is the forward you most want.
Strange the influence historic stats can have. With the hammers issues with Everton I'm thinking maybe our Troll king Romelu Lukaku could do well (plus Mo tipped him yesterday.
As far as my team goes
I missed the Kun train and I cannot commit 23m to join the party late.
Courtois, Ivanovic, Cresswell, Chambers, Nasri, Oscar, Moses, Di Maria, Sanchez, Costa and Kane
I'm not yet content. Nasri rarely does it for me but the pick does make sense. I don't like clean sheets for either Cresswell or Chambers. Kane is a bench risk, and having Tadic on the bench feels wrong. Not having Kun this week is a major problem as even I get the rest of the team right he can take it away from me with a brace or better. Lots of work to do then.
How is your side shaping?