Week 15 will mean a return to a Alexis Sanchez, Diego Costa and Kun Aguero front line. For me It probably will not. Costa may be fit and Chelsea are an excellent side but Newcastle are a confident side at the moment and will perhaps offer as much as a test as they would like when having their 3rd game in a week. Had I kept Costa at 5m I would of course have kept him. Even the current price is not something to put me me off buying him but as it stands I will not and will hide behind my hands with the lunchtime game.
Same goes for Mr Aguero. Without doubt the league's best player and facing an Everton side finding it tougher than they hoped. With a huge Champions League game midweek there is a slim chance he gets benched. City though seem to enjoy playing him non stop until his hamstring or groins goes and those of you holding at 17m should do the same.
If you would enjoy some statistics to help you make you pre deadline picks here we go.
Newcastle v Chelsea
- Jose Mourinho has never won at Newcastle.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in 5 games and have won 3 in a row at home without conceding.
- Going back 7 league games Newcastle have conceded just 3 goals.
- Should Chelsea avoid defeat they will set a new club record for unbeaten games (24).
- Chelsea have kept only 1 clean sheet away from home in the Premier League.
- Eden Hazard has 4 goals in 3 games against Newcastle.
- WBA have lost 4 in a row.
- Saido Berahino has not scored in 5 games.
- Hull have scored 2 goal in the last 6 games.
LIverpool v Sunderland
- Liverpool have won 3 on the spn against Sunderland.
- Sunderland have not won at Anfield since 1983.
- Sunderland have not won in their last 4.
- QPR have lost only once in their last 6 home games.
- Charlie Austin has 5 goal in his last 6 home games.
- Burnley are unbeaten in 4 league games.
- Danny Ings has scored 4 goals in his last 6 games.
Stoke v Arsenal
- Stoke are unbeaten in 4 home games against Arsenal.
- Stoke have lost their last 4 games and have gone 8 games without a clean sheet.
- The Gunners have 4 clean sheet in the last 6 games.
- Alexis Sanchez has scored 8 in his last 8.
Tottenham v Crystal Palace
- Spurs have already lost 4 home games.
- Palace have the worst defensive record away from home conceding 13 goals and have gone 8 games without a clean sheet.
Manchester City v Everton
- City have just one loss in their last 11 Premier League games.
- Kun Aguero has scored 30 goals in his last 33 league games.
- Everton have 1 win in their last 5 but 1 defeat in 7.
West Ham v Swansea
- The Hammers has lost only once in their last 8.
- Andy Carroll has not scored in 756 minutes but will only set you back under 5m.
- The Swans have just 1 defeat in 6.
- Villa have lost 30 of their last 61 home games.
- In 14 games Villa have scored just 8 goals.
- Leicester are winless in 9 games since beating Man Utd 5-3.
- Leonardo Ulloa has not scored in 9 games.
An interesting week ahead and missing the usual banker fixture to load up on. Will it be the normal suspects or will the trio of games in a week allow a shock or two?
I have not saved this side and I'm not sure I have the guts to do so. However on my page at this point I have
Courtrios, Okore, Toure, Cresswell, Hazard, Miralles, Barton, Ramsey, Austin, Kane and Benteke.
Kelly, Tadic are benched and I have 3m left over. It is extremely different I'd imagine to most. I'm not sure If I wish to double up on QPR and I'm missing those three big guns. Sanchez is saved and Costa is no price problem. Only Kun is out of reach.