While the FA Cup provides a distraction our fantasy minds float away to next Saturday and week 23 ‘s Premier League lineups. With a week or so left in the Transfer window and a number of players coming back from injury there are a number of potential picks ups under 7m worth considering both for next week and the weeks to follow. Lets take a look
Edin Dzeko - 6.92m
- The man who fired the goals to lead City to the amazing end of season comeback title win last season appeared from the bench in the 2-0 home defeat by Arsenal in week 22. By Citys own admission they previously rushed him back too soon from his groin issues so look for them to ease him back into the first team this time. With the Barcelona games coming and main man Kun Aguero needing to be in full fitness for them, we could see the champs rotate Dzeko with him for the league games around the Champions League ties.
Victor Moses - 6.77m
- A player some were considering a season keeper after his early performances in a Stoke City shirt, Moses is now firmly back in the first team after starting in the away day at Leicester city. A very real option for week 23 hosting a Queens Park Rangers side that has lost every away game, he averages 10 points per game.
Emmanuel Adebayor - 6.56m
- No you probably won't start him in week 23. After all he was booed by his own fans in the League Cup semi-final first leg. What was interesting was that the manager showed the confidence to throw him into that fixture. Whatever, it is January and its that time of year K2 performs. Maybe he may even do that on loan with old boss Arry at QPR?
Graziano Pelle - 5.88m
- Pelle went off the boil at the same time as the Saints pre-Christmas but he hasn't returned to form like the club post the holiday period. A home tie to a Swansea side racking up injuries and Bonyless (sounds painful) he follows with games against QPR and West Ham.
James Wilson - 5.49m
- Mr Wilson watched as potential £43m man Falcao misfired, then promptly came on and took his chance in the 2-0 away win at QPR. You would think Falcao gets a further chance after the praise of LVG but keep an eye in the FA Cup tie. Should Falcao start that one and fail to score again the youngster may just get that prize start against Leicester next week.
Vincent Kompany - 5.45m
- Club captain Kompany was at fault for the Arsenal opener and picking him against a rampant Chelsea side seems strange. City though are a big game team and a physical battle with hot headed Diego Costa seems a good match up to me. Clean sheets are hard to obtain but he will rack up the phantoms in that game and may just pop up down the other end with points.
Mesut Ozil - 5.44m
- Back and fit but working his way to match fitness. He is a Wenger favorite and may be ready to start at home to Aston Villa next time out.
Francis Coquelin - 5.42m
- Darling of the away win at City he seems a certain starter for the next league game. Based on the way Villa are playing he will have little to nothing to do but you may disagree.
Sone Aluko - 5.41m
- With injury to Nikica Jelavic and Abel Hernandez, Aluko looks certain to start the game v Newcastle in week 23 if Hull don't enter the transfer market before then. He got into positions at West Ham suggesting he will have no trouble doing so again with the Newcastle defense. The only question is can he take them this time?
Peter Crouch - 5.29m
- Stoke are home to QPR and Arry has always said big Pete is a "triffic player". He may just come back to haunt him in week 23 and in a progressive Stoke side in future weeks as well.
Thibaut Courtois - 5.13m
- While the stats say Southampton are the best defensive side in the league our perception is that title belongs to Chelsea. Sure you may not want to pick him up when facing Kun and co but very much a BD buy for all.
Jermain Defoe - 4.91m
- Home to Burnley should be enough to make you think of him. Away to Swansea and home to QPR follow. A nice run for the little fella.
Tim Howard - 4.26m
- Everton were conceding goals prior to his injury but I fancy his return cannot come quick enough for the toffees. The fixtures may be too tough to make you want to pick him up but Everton's form must turn at some point.
Theo Walcott - 4.26m
- Lets face it, we are ALL waiting for him to return to the first team. No brainer pick up when it happens. He will start in the FA Cup tie at Brighton but will he against the Villa next weekend Arsenal fans?
Victor Anichebe - 4.24m
- Tony Pulis likes a physical forward and Anichebe is that. I can see Pulis getting the best of him and a unconvincing spurs back line will have their hands full.
Carles Gil - 3.64m
- Not one for week 23 or 24 for that matter but the midfield player is likely a certain first choice moving forward.
Adel Taarabt - 3.60m
- Just one to keep an eye on. Despite being out of shape in the manager's opinion previously he still remains a match winner in the QPR squad. A couple of sub appearances suggest Harry Redkanpp is willing to try anything to survive. Any positive performance at Stoke and he is one for the BD.
Sam Vokes - 2.62m
- One of last season's heroes at Burnley, he is fit again but benched due to the form of Danny Ings and Ashley Barnes. This won't last long before he reclaims his starting spot. At the price a nice bench option if you don't mind rotating formations around the fixtures.
Bryan Oviedo - 2.34m
- Came on for the perhaps injured Kevin Mirallas against West Bromwich Albion. We cannot be sure on his starting status for week 23 but any sign of getting a run in the starting side (transfer of Kevin M for example) and he is a bench upgrade over Martin Kelly.
Tim Krul - 1.97m
- Hull are toothless and this pick for week 23 would make sense. Now if Newcastle can just hire a convincing manager before midweek to get the new manager pick me up and he may just make it into my first team rather than squad.
Scott Sinclair - 1.28m
- What a life this chap has. Father to be of Helen Flanagan's child, and paid one amazing amount of money to do very little at Man City. I won't criticise a man who has made such a life for himself but maybe he will have a little more professional ambition and obtain a January move. One more for the bench if he does.
Yaya Sanogo - 1m
- On loan at Crystal Palace he should get chances in the first team. He does however seem so raw that I'm not sure if that will come from the bench or from the start of games. Home to a shaky Everton next he faces Leicester and Newcastle next. They are some very tempting fixtures!
Many of the above are not going to be in your thoughts week 23 but they should be for the coming weeks. Some from that field will make an impact, perhaps going on a hot streak of fantasy points gathering. Who do you have your eye on and are they any others under 7m I have missed?