Transfer rumours are always fun and those of us in the UK have only just over a week to go until Sky Sports brilliant Transfer Deadline Day show. To keep up with the spirit we are going to post all the days crazy transfer rumours leading up to the close of the window for your comments.
- Villarreal have agreed a deal in principle with Arsenal for centre back Gabriel Paulista. With the Gunners clearly needing more options at the position if not a replacement Per Mertesacker, this seems a good move to secure the top four target. Arsenal will need to secure a work permit first with Arsene Wenger saying it made the deal a 50-50 chance of happening. I'd think the deal has a much higher chance than that myself. Rumours are that Joel Campbell has gone the other way as part of the deal.
- Samuel Eto'o has completed his medical for a move to Sampdoria. Eto'o who moved to Everton on a free transfer just five months ago reportedly accepted a 40% pay cut to join the Serie A side, showing you just where the Serie A sides are in the financial stakes nowadays.
- The fantastically named Memphis Depay is the man in a middle of a bidding war between Manchester United and Tottenham. 11 goals and 3 assist this season for the youngster who so impressed in the World Cup has seen his value increase to 15m, a bargain for whoever wins that race.
- Aston Villa star Fabien Delph has signed a new 4 and a half year deal with the club. With Liverpool's reported interest Villa have done well. They keep their influential midfield man and get to sell him at a much higher price if Liverpool's interest returns in the summer.
- Reports in the Sunday papers had Raheem Sterling turning down Liverpool's latest contract offer with interest from Chelsea and Real Madrid. A couple hours after breakfast and his agent stated nothing was turned down but negotiations were ongoing. Sterling is rightly looking for the contract his potential offers and Liverpool will want this one sorted prior to the summer window to move forward with the rebuild job started last summer.