It is without a shadow of a doubt that Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is on the rise; and not because we keep refreshing our screens to find out the name of the newest addition to the West and Kardashian home.
The curtain is closing on the 2017/2018 January transfer window, and with that the madness continues to grow exponentially with every passing day. For us fantasy football managers, visions of season transforming, silver bullet transfers cloud our judgement as we wait for the rumored Alexis Sanchez move to Manchester United to come to a conclusion.
Let’s not forget former Borussia Dortmund and possibly future Arsenal teammates Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. The deals have not happened in time for the players to feature with their new teams this week, but “Miki” should fit in particularly well with the Arsenal style of play, and his £7.6 price-tag in FPL could provide many managers with the flexibility they need to push toward leader-board glory.
Injuries & Suspensions
Fabian Delph is out for Manchester City, which makes Danilo a good punt. Let us take a look at the major news as we prepare for game week 24.
• The biggest suspension this week is Chelsea forward Alvaro Morata who serves a one game ban after receiving two yellow cards against Norwich in the FA Cup. Pedro is also suspended.
• For West Ham, Andy Carroll and Chicharito are doubts with an ankle injury and an illness respectively.
• Top scoring defender for West Brom, Ahmed Hegazi has a knock but should be fit to play.
• Ryan Shawcross has missed the last 3 game weeks for Stoke, but he could possibly return for the debut of Paul Lambert as manager.
• With Sanchez unlikely for Arsenal, Mesut Ozil will have lots of responsibility the rest of the way. However, he has a knee injury and is a doubt for the London Derby against Crystal Palace.
My team for game-week 24 (3-5-2):
GK: Jonas Lossl
Def: Angelo Ogbonna / Andreas Christensen / Nicolas Otamendi
Mid: Heung-Min Son / Marko Arnautovic / Jesse Lingard / Richarlison / Eden Hazard
Fwd: Sergio Aguero (c) / Harry Kane
What’s on your mind ahead of the deadline? I’m hoping for an Andreas Christensen start after he came on for an injured Gary Cahill last time out.