An early rise is in store for us fans of the beautiful game, Manchester United meeting Liverpool in the opening fixture this weekend promises to be a tremendous occasion. Romelu Lukaku and Mo Salah owners in particular will be looking for points from these in form attackers.
The lower half of the table also presents a fixture that may not be as captivating, but certainly will have a massive impact on the relegation battle. St James Park will feature Newcastle hosting Southampton, both teams with only one win in the last five in the Premier League.
Let’s take a look at some news and notes before teams are locked in for game week thirty.
• David Moyes has indicated that Joe Hart will replace Adrian in goal for West Ham, at £4.2 with home games in week 30 and 32 against Burnley and Southampton he might be a cheap source of clean sheets and/or save points.
• Raheem Sterling has returned to training and I’m yet to decide if to sell him from my team as planned or keep him.
• N’golo Kante missed out for Chelsea last time out but has trained this week and is expected to return.
• A player I witnessed rip fullbacks to shreds in a youth tournament opposite Nathan Redmond, Alex Pritchard had to leave the game last week due to a dead leg. I’m monitoring his play in the Premier League because his £5.4 price is very appealing.
My team for game week 30 (3-4-3):
- Gk: Lossl
- Def: Ben Davies / Ahmed Hegazi / DeAndre Yedlin
- Mid: Theo Walcott / Rajiv van La Parra / Raheem Sterling / Mohamed Salah
- Fwd: Steve Mounie / Sergio Aguero / Harry Kane
What’s on everyone’s mind is the deadline approaches? I’m very hopeful of a start for Sterling.