Have you ever read any of the numerous columns at Never Manage Alone or elsewhere and found yourself thinking, “Why, those writers sure are savvy, but hey, I reckon I’m just as whip-smart as they are?” Well, if that’s the case, we’d love to add you to our team!
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- A passion for football a.k.a. soccer, particularly the Premier League
- A love of fantasy sports, again particularly EPL
- The ability to contribute at least one post each week on a rotating array of topics (player picks, questions, spotlight, scouting report, live chat, etc., including any fresh ideas of yours and/or a preferred focus if you have one) [It is not a hard rule about one post per week, as we do understand that vacations, craziness at work/school and other things happen; it’s just an average level of effort for most of the season.]
- A creative mind and willingness to bring new ideas to the table
- Interest in writing about other fantasy games (such as Major League Soccer, Champions League, Euros, World Cup, etc.)
- Interest in writing about multiple Premier League fantasy platforms (official FPL, Fantrax, Togga, etc.)
- Writing experience, especially in journalism or online blogging
- Social media skills (Facebook & Twitter)
How to Apply:
- A brief description (who you are, where you are/where you are from, what gives you joy, what you bring to the table, etc.)
- What fantasy league(s) and platform(s) you would like to write about
- Your background with writing/journalism/blogging, if any, and one or two writing samples or links, if applicable
- Your SBNation username (please create an account if you haven’t already)
The available writing position is paid, as there is a very small monthly stipend from SB Nation. The season starts August 10, so be sure to send in your application as soon as possible.
We’re looking forward to having you as part of our team if you’re selected, but if not we do hope that you join in the community with FanPosts and Comments!