Welcome back to our Pre-Deadline and Live Chat! It feels like we’ve never been away, but we’re certainly not complaining. The games continue to flood in, with plenty to play for. In addition to the Premier League, 8 teams feature in the FA Cup Quarter-Finals this weekend (NOR, MNU, SHU, ARS, LEI, CHE, NEW, MNC) so rotation is likely.
After Man City’s loss again Chelsea, Liverpool are now Premier League Champions, ending their 30 year wait for the League title and their first coming in the Premier League! This is an incredible feat when you consider that there are 7 games still to play, and it’s testament to Liverpool’s dominance this season.
The title may finally wrapped up; however, European places are up for grabs with many teams in with a chance. The battle for Premier League survival is becoming increasingly exciting (depending who you support!) with the teams battling out separated by the finest of margins.
- Aston Villa vs Wolves - Both teams had only just played on Wednesday, so this match may be a bit lethargic; however, both teams have much to play for. For Villa, Nyland continues to deputise for the injured Heaton, otherwise Villa have no fresh injuries. Wolves have been fortunate with injuries and have no concerns, but with their 3rd match in a week, some rotation may be forced on Nuno’s side. Wolves are very much the team in form.
Watford FC vs Southampton - No fresh injury news for either side, although Jack Stephens is suspended for the Saints after his straight Red against Arsenal. This should be a relatively balanced game, with both teams having lost on Thursday. This is one in which Watford have more to play for as they continue to fight for Premier League survival.
- Crystal Palace vs Burnley - Wilfried Zaha was subbed off early in the defeat to Liverpool due to a calf-strain picked up during the warm-up, no further news at this time. Burnley have no new injury concerns, with their key forwards, Chris Wood and Ashley Barnes still out with long term injuries, Burnley will have had 1 day less rest after their 1-0 Victory against Watford.
- Brighton vs Manchester United - Adam Webster was subbed in Brighton’s draw on Tuesday with Leicester as a precaution and is a slight doubt for this fixture, as we wait further news. The Seagulls have no further injury concerns. No new injury news for the Man Utd. The Red Devils do have a fixture pile-up, with an away fixture again Norwich on Saturday in the FA Cup Quarter-Final, so rotation will be likely.
- Arsenal vs Norwich City - Arsenal are in the midst of an Injury Crisis with Leno, Mari, Chambers and Martinelli all sidelined; David Luiz also sits this one out due to suspension. On a plus Soares and Sokratis may make it back for this one, although Torreira still remains a doubt. No new injury concerns for the Canaries, with Pukki, Buendia and Cantwell reduced to cameo appearances in the defeat to Everton. Both sides feature on the weekend in the FA Cup Quarter-Finals (NOR: Saturday, ARS: Sunday). Norwich’s primary focus is the fight for PL survival, so they are more likely to prioritise this fixture.
- AFC Bournemouth vs Newcastle - Bournemouth’s woes continue as Calum Wilson is now suspended until 9th July following his booking against Wolves and his attacking partner, Josh King remains a doubt to play. The Magpies don’t have any serious concerns; Issac Hayden has a slight knock and awaits further information to the extent of his injury. Newcastle feature against Man City on Sunday in the FA Cup Quarter-Final, so the Cherries will be the fresher side.
- Everton vs Leicester City - No fresh injury concerns for Everton who are in good form, with Yerry Mina and Theo Walcott hoping to return from injury later in July. For Leciester, Pereira remains out with a long term injury, otherwise the Foxes have no other concerns. It is worth noting that they do feature on Saturday in the FA Cup Quarter-Final against Chelsea so rotation is a concern for Fantasy Players.
- West Ham United vs Chelsea - Another Game-week, another London Derby. No fresh injury concerns for the Irons, Robert Snodgrass & Sébastien Haller remain sidelined without a return date. Chelsea mostly have a full squad to pick from, however, Fikayo Tomori looks unlikely to make this fixture. Keep an eye on Chelsea’s FA Cup Quarter-Final fixture against Leicester as rotation will be key. Most would still back Chelsea for this fixture after their impressive recent form.
- Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur - Dean Henderson is available again after sitting out against his parent club and John Egan is available after serving a 1-match ban. There no other new injury concerns for the Blades, who are hopeful that O’Connell will return for the first time since the break. No new injury concerns for Spurs, with Tanganga and Foyth still with no return date. Fantasy Players are quickly ditching SHU assets following back-to-back 3-0 defeats. Sheffield United feature in the FA Cup Quarer-Final on Sunday so Spur’s should be the fresher side.
- Manchester City vs Liverpool - Not the fixture is could’ve been had Man City beaten Chelsea on Thursday, but could still provide entertainment and Fantasy points! Sergio Aguero remains out with no return date in sight, with many Fantasy players now turning to Gabriel Jesus. For Liverpool, James Milner and Joel Matip remain out. Rotation is likely considering neither side has much to play for. Man City still have the Champions League and FA Cup to play for, with the FA Quarter-Final fixture against Newcastle on Sunday, so this will likely to be the Citizen’s priority.
Are you avoiding picking players from teams that feature in the FA Cup Quarter-Finals? Or do you think there are still points up for grabs? Are any players grabbing your eye for this Game-week?
Please join us in the Comments Section and let us know your thoughts!