If you missed it, it is worth going back to check on NMA’s UCL Matchday 8 Preview. My fellow author and UCL expert Prakhar has also given us his insights on MD8 players picks, and David shared his plan for tackling the tricky upcoming Matchday 8. Last week’s Team News and Live Chat. and the second part of the preview for this week.
The Knight, the Monster, the King and the hopefuls
The knight (Manchester City) faces a minor obstacle in M’gladbach unless departing coach and company have a trap worked out for Pep Guardiola. In Germany, the returning king Bayern Munich host another minor obstacle in the Italian capital club Lazio. The monster will always be the Spanish giant club with the most Champions League titles hosting Atalanta in their second spell in the competition. Finally, hopefuls Chelsea under new management will try to have their say about reaching the quarterfinals — if Diego Simeone allows it.
It seems like the results are predictable, but the chance for Atalanta and Atletico Madrid to reverse leg 1 is too high to ignore. I for one hope to see an 11 man Atalanta take Real Madrid to task, and I expect a spectacle.
Crazy Monday - Injury/suspension/participation Updates
Another round of updates! Keep and eye on @NMA_Blog on Twitter for any updates during the day!
Matchday 8 Suspension List: Mason Mount and Jorginho (Chelsea), Remo Freuler (Atalanta), Casemiro (Real Madrid).
- Real Madrid: Real Madrid will be without Carvajal and Edin Hazard
- Atalanta: The Italians remain without Hateboer due to injury.
- Manchester City: It has been a long time since they had a clean bill of health; we might even have an Aguero sighting!
- M’gladbach: Bensebaini, Kramer and Thuram are doubtful.
- Bayern Munich: Sule and Alaba are considered doubtful, but they were seen training with the team recently.
- Lazio: Lazzari is out, and Akpa Akpro is doubtful
- Chelsea: Only Tammy Abraham and Thiago Silva are doubtful.
- Atletico Madrid: No injuries!
Keep an eye on the comments section for press conference reports and any other status updates before today’s deadline. Good luck everyone!
How’s your team faring? Do you have any tactical questions? And which matches do you plan / wish to watch as a fan? Please share your thoughts in the comments below!