The Group Stage draw for the 2021-22 Champions League campaign was held on Thursday, with former Chelsea men Branislav Ivanovic and Michael Essien guest-hosting. Each club’s path to the Round of 16 is now set!
Be aware that starting on August 30th, NMA will publish daily group-by-group previews and fantasy advice for our readers in preparation for the new season. These articles have already begun to stream; click the links at the bottom of this page to view them.
Please click the “follow this stream” tab at the bottom of this article to get a heads-up whenever a new article is added, or follow our Twitter account @NMA_Blog for instant new-article drop notifications!
OK, without further ado let’s dive into the draw show.
In addition to the group draws, the 2021 UCL Best Player winners were also named.
- UEFA President ‘True Hero’ Award: Morten Skjoldager (physio accompanying the team doctor) Morten Boesen (team doctor) and the medical team of Denmark as well as Simon Kjær (Denmark national team captain) for saving the life of Cristian Eriksen during the Denmark national team match against Finland in Euro 2020.
- Goalkeeper: Edouard Mendy (Chelsea)
- Defender: Ruben Dias (Manchester City)
- Midfielder: N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)
- Forward: Erling Haaland (Dortmund)
- Coach: Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea)
- Player of the Year: Jorginho (Chelsea)
Group Stage Draws
- Manchester City
- Paris Saint-Germain
- RB Leipzig
- Club Brugge
- Sporting CP
- Bayern Munchen
- Dynamo Kiyv
- Manchester United
- Young Boys
- LOSC Lille
NMA UCL Fantasy Mini-League
If you played our UCL mini-league last season, or if you played our Euros mini-league over the summer, you should automatically be entered into NMA’s 2021-22 mini-league as soon as you create a team. Head to gaming.uefa.com and get to work!
If you are new to us, then once you create a team you can join our mini-league manually with the following info. Come join us, we’d love to have you!
- Code: 71MQALVG07
Do you agree with the 2021 UCL Best Player awards? What do you think of the group draws? Any dark horses you think will unexpectedly survive to the R16? Any behemoths that you think won’t? Which club do you think will win the championship? Please share your thoughts in the comments below, and be sure to stay tuned for new articles that post to this stream!