Welcome to NMA’s FIFA World Cup reference page, where we’ll provide tabulated stats and info for the World Cup, updated every day.
In the body of the main piece you will find Group Stage rankings, knockout stage brackets, the top 10 goal-scorers, the ten players with the most assists, the fantasy Best XI, and more, all refreshed daily in the name of helping you find fantasy glory.
Plus, at the bottom of the article you’ll find a stream of match review articles, each summarizing the action from the previous day’s fixtures in case you weren’t able to watch them.
Check in regularly to see the latest updates!
- Have you noticed that matches in this World Cup seem to have an unusual amount of added stoppage time? Well, the legendary Pierluigi Collina wants you to know why.
The almost 30 minutes of added time in England-Iran took many by surprise, but former Italian referee Pierluigi Collina had explained why injury time would be longer in World Cup games. https://t.co/flYnr66Q1Y #Collina #WorldCup #Qatar2022 #ENGIRN #Calcio— footballitalia (@footballitalia) November 21, 2022
- While we’re on the subject of refereeing, check out the details on the new semi-automated offside technology in use at World Cup Qatar.
- Did you know that American winger Timothy Weah is the son of Ballon d’Or winner and current President of Liberia George Weah?
- The last three teams to defeat Argentina in a World Cup match all ended up advancing to the finals. Could Saudi Arabia now do the same?
- Portugal captain and legend Cristiano Ronaldo will play his first World Cup match as a free agent after Manchester United released a short statement revealing the player has left the club by mutual consent with immediate effect. Where could he land next?
- Did you know that Mexico’s goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa has never played for a major European club despite his man-of-the-match showings with the national team in the World Cup? The shot-stopper’s planned move to Paris Saint-Germain in 2011 was scuppered by a positive test for clenbuterol (a banned performance-enhancing drug), even though Ochoa was cleared 2 months later.
- Cristiano Ronaldo broke yet another record as he scored against Ghana in Portugal’s opening match, becoming the first player to score in 5 different World Cups.
*Last update: 5 December
Group Stage Rankings
Netherlands top group A after defeating hosts Qatar 2-0 while Senegal overtakes Ecuador in a tight 2-1 win.
England tops group B after defeating Wales 3-0 while USA takes over second place with a tight 1-0 win over Iran.
Argentina top group C after defeating Poland 2-0 while Mexico and Saudi Arabia failed to overtake the second qualifying spot as their match ended with a Mexican 2-1 victory.
France wins group D on goal difference over surprise qualifiers Australia as the former was defeated by Tunisia 0-1 and the latter defeated Denmark 1-0.
Germany is out of the World Cup despite 4-2 victory over Costa Rica, Japan completes another 2-1 comeback to win group E while Spain qualifies only thanks to Germany’s victory.
Morocco top of group F after defeating Canada 2-1 while Croatia holds Belgium to a goalless draw to qualify.
Switzerland joins Brazil in the round of 16 after defeating Serbia 3-2 while Brazil falls to Cameroon’s last minute winner but tops the group anyway.
Korea causes yet another World Cup upset defeating Portugal 2-1 to steal the qualification spot from Uruguay in the dying minutes of the match. Uruguay was on its way to the round of 16 with a 2-0 win over Ghana.
Top World Cup Performers
- Top Goalscorers and Play-makers:
- One Time Goalscorers and Play-makers:
World Cup Knockout Brackets
Top Fantasy Players - Group Stage
Note: The rankings are in the same order presented on the FIFA.com Fantasy website; there may be additional players tied for fifth who are not listed here.
- MD-1 Player Picks
- MD-1 Fantasy Preview
- World Cup Fantasy Chip Strategy
- How to Play
- Group Stage Fixture Difficulty Tables
- NMA Mini League
- Group A Preview
- Group B Preview
- Group C Preview
- Group D Preview
- Group E Preview
- Group F Preview
- Group G Preview
- Group H Preview