Inflation is heading up and the economy is in retreat. Times like these have many of us tightening our budgets and reining in our spending. Some are looking for side gigs to help generate additional cash and/or add bullets to their CVs (ours coming with a published body of work to back them up).
If writing about fantasy football and publishing your byline sounds like more fun than driving DoorDash, then we have a proposition for you: How about joining our staff? (Disclosure: You’ll probably make a lot more money driving DoorDash.)
- An intimate knowledge of the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League. A broad knowledge of European and world football is useful but not necessary.
- Experience with the UCL and FPL fantasy platforms. The most competitive applicants will also have experience with Fantrax and fantasy World Cup, but this is not a requirement.
- The ability to compose approximately one high-quality, deeply-researched article per week (we can be flexible around vacations, work/school crunches, etc)
- Fluent in written English with a willingness to learn the Elements of Style.
- Ability to negotiate and then meet publishing deadlines.
Facility with website promotion across social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram is also a bonus.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in writing for Never Manage Alone and fit the profile outlined above, please send an email with the subject line “NMA Writer Application” to email@example.com, and include the following:
- A brief description of yourself (who you are, where you are/where you are from, which football clubs you support, what gives you joy, what you bring to the table, etc.)
- Your experience with fantasy Premier League and fantasy Champions League.
- Your background with writing/journalism/blogging, if any, and one or two examples of your work (pdfs or links), if applicable
- Any skills/experience you have with website promotion.
- Your SB Nation username (please create an account if you haven’t already).
As I mentioned, this position does involve a nominal salary. You won’t be able to quit your day job, but the compensation is enough to pay for a couple of pints every week.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will close when the position fills, so don’t delay— throw your hat in the ring now!